Why have a vacation with a pre-planned schedule when you can just hang around semi-comatose until you’re ready to get back to the real world? Because it’s the best way you can enjoy the grand outdoors without being seriously involved with your sleeping bag knowing, deep inside, that there’s no future for the two of you. And that’s the story of how I got addicted to GIO’s fixed departure trips. And what you will read in a couple of ticks is the my absolute effort in making sure you get hooked onto this super way of travelling as well!
1. You have to use ZERO effort in planning your vacation It can get stressful planning a vacation. Especially if you’re visiting a place for the first time. You don’t want to miss anything but you don’t want to kill yourself trying to explore everything. And you don’t have time to take a pre-vacation to plan your vacation. Book your sweet self into these fixed departure trips and you have to plan NOTHING more than what goes into your backpack and, of course, you snack bag.
2. Their plan helps you to make your plan The fear of the unknown is a very real, very valid fear. I don’t blame you for having it since I’m an absolute victim as well. Imagine planning a trip several thousand feet above sea level and trying to figure out if you’ve got too many or too little socks and jackets! Plus, you get to make an plan that’s ACTUALLY going to work out (for a change :) ). You can figure out time to take some wicked pictures and flood your friends’ newsfeed or maybe dream about mealtimes, or even spend some time learning new stuff like setting up a tent or tying your rope into all manners of professional knots.
3. Hand over the reins to an expert and you’d see stuff dreams are made of It’s great to take charge of your time off and figure out what you want to see and stuff you want to do. Unfortunately, there’s a big reason we are not the experts of certain places (*whispers* ‘it’s coz we don’t know squat!’). Your guide is going to make sure you get the best views and the most fun trails to walk along. In fact, you’re going to be surprised at how many details we miss unless they’re pointed out to us!
4. Helps you streamline your activities, giving you tons of time to sort out the rest of your vacay to-do list When you have time off from trying to figure out what you can and cannot (will and will not) do on your vacation, you definitely have time to figure out the other minute details that make your time off perfect. Dying to finish off that book? Hoping to complete a little sketch booklet? Looking forward to turning into an outdoorsy person? This is your chance to plan and scratch out time for at least ONE of these things that you’ve always wanted to do!
5. You know EXACTLY what to look forward to Surprises are good. Good surprises are great! But there are times when you just want to do away with all the suspense and actually know what it is that you’re getting all excited about. Long picturesque treks? Check. Deliciously hot meals? Check. Feeling adventurous as eff? Super check. Your itinerary gives you the luxury of dreaming and drooling over what’s to come. In fact, anticipation is such a huge motivator that you’re going to find yourself wistfully looking at some more itineraries, wishing they were yours!