TRIP PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Accommodation in any other location not mention above
- Porter / mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- If due to bad weather, sickness, natural calamity or any other personal reasons, the itinerary is changed on ground the extra charges arising due to it will be borne by the guests. same will be applicable if a guest decide to change the itinerary due to personal reason. Also if days are cut short on the trek/trips for any of the above reasons GIO Adventures will not be liable to make hotel arrangements at the base or any other location for the guests
- Guest will be required to fill up an indemnity form before embarking on the trek/trip
- We request you to kindly disclose/share information if suffering from any major ailment. We request you to submit your health Certificate.
- On our fixed group departures please note that we will follow a fixed schedule & standardised services. In case of individual requirements other than what is offered as part of the package, we might not be able to entertain them so please be aware of this fact
- In case of trips/treks with a backup day, where this backup day is not utilised for whatever reasons GIO will not be liable to make hotel or any other arrangements
- In case a departure cancelled due to bad weather conditions guest will receive full refund. GIO Adventures
PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All payments for the trips, transfers, gears, porterage, etc. should be made in full before the trip starts.
- Cancellation Policy
- In the event that you need to cancel your booking due to any avoidable or unavoidable circumstances:
- We must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive the request in writing.
- Payment for this trip will not be adjusted towards any future trip(s)
- Cancellation charges will be as follows
- >45 Days: Full refund (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 30-45 Days: 75% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 15-30 Days: 50% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- <15 Days: No refund
- Please Note
- Written cancellation will be accepted on working days (only). Any cancellation sent on a Sunday or any National Holiday(s), will be considered on the next official working day.
- In the event of any cancellation(s) after trip commencement, there will be no refunds and any costs incurred due to this cancellation will be borne by you.
* Irrespective of when a trip is booked, the above condition will hold true
Transport Options (Delhi – Manali – Delhi)
For travel from Delhi to Manali & back, one can choose between air, rail & road. For air travel, the closest airport is Bhuntar (Kullu) airport. There are a couple of flights that link this airport to Delhi airport
Train travel though not very popular is available to cover a certain distance. One can either take a train to Pathankot or Jogindernagar (narrow gauge). From both these places one will need to drive to Manali. For train details, you could log on to www.indianrail.gov.in and for online railway ticket bookings you could log on to www.irctc.co.in.
There are frequent Public Transport buses including Volvos available from Delhi to Manali that cost about Rs. 1300 per person. They take about 15 hrs to cover the distance. A private vehicle could also be arranged for if you require the same.
Season for this trek is from mid-June to mid-October. In the early days of the season we will catch a lot of snow on the high passes which reduces considerably by August. As the season proceeds we might catch rain towards Kullu-Manali valley but on the other side in Spiti, we will have sunny days. Days are generally going to be sunny and warm (12-20 °C) while the night temperature at the highest campsite would be in the range of -2 to 6 °C. In the latter part of the season (Sep – mid-Oct) there is very little snow on the trail and good weather throughout but with possibility of snowfall. The days are sunny with temperatures hovering around (12-18 °C) the evenings start getting cold with the onset of October and nights are comparatively colder (- 6 to 4 °C).
Please keep in mind that the above information is not exact and does not account for sudden changes. Whatever the temperatures and conditions rest assured we will be prepared to handle it with ease as we use equipment of very high specifications
List of Essentials
It is very important for this adventure trip that you need to be equipped properly and with a bit of back up. Mountain/adventure travel requires one to be adequately equipped with the right kind of personal gear. Since one is travelling in the wilderness there will be hardly any opportunity to buy anything once you hit the trail so we urge you to carefully pack everything into your bags.
- Shirts / T-shirts – 2/3
- Warm shirt/light micro fleece pullover/full sleeve T shirt
- Trekking Pants (water resistant/repellent & having inside lining for extra warmth) - 2
- Windproof/water resistant outer shell (jacket) of good quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) with a proper hood
- Comfortable waterproof (Goretex) Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole and high ankles are recommended)
- Camp shoes (these can be easy to slip in sneakers/sport shoes), Floaters
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Small light weight towel
- Insulated water bottle & hydration pack (optional)
- Cap / floppy hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
- Sun glasses with UV protection and ability to cut the glare (imp when traversing through snow)
- Sturdy walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Mosquito repellent
- Personal toiletries
- Book, if you like reading
- Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
- Carry rain cover for your bags
- Keep a few poly bags or waterproof bags in your bag in which if required you can put your belongings in case of heavy rain
- Camera if you like (with fully charged batteries)
Great Indian Outdoors (P) Ltd. takes utmost care to ensure safety of its clients. However in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Great Indian Outdoors (P) Ltd. will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes rising due to the above are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi/Delhi only. All participants are required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which they would not be allowed to take part in the trip/program/activities.
5 Days | Jun - Oct | Moderate+ | Max Alt : Chandratal (4300m)
WHY TAKE THIS TRIP
To challenge oneself every day for continuous 5 days and to put oneself in completely contrasting landscapes of lush greenery in Manali to the semi - arid regions of Lahaul Valley.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS ADVENTURE
- High Adventure Quotient of the trip is the hike to Chandratal Lake situated at an altitude of 4250 m.
- Spectacular trekking routes covering lush green meadows inhabited by local gaddis (shepherds) rivers, waterfalls & the best of wildlife.
- The campsite offers majestic Himalayan views of peaks like Deobtibba & Indrasan
- Mouth-watering all inclusive price. No need to spend a penny on anything
- Only for students trek so a great opportunity to be with likeminded people
- Day 1: Manali - Jobri Chikha (Drive / 45 Mins) (Trek /1.5 2 hrs)
- Day 2: Chikha - Balu Ka Gheera (Trek / 5 - 6 hrs)
- Day 3: Balu Ka Gheera - Hampta Pass - Shea Gahru (Trek / 8 9 hrs)
- Day 4: Shea Gahru (3700m) - Chatru (3300m) - Chandratal (4250m) (Trek / 3 - 4 hrs) (Drive / 2 - 2.5 hrs)
- Day 5: Chandratal (4300m) - Manali (2000m) (Drive / 5 - 6 hrs)