India is known to be the land of diversity not just for its rich cultures, but also for this country witnesses numerous mesmerising sceneries, wide rivers playing in its lap, and countless forests that are home to a large variety of flora and fauna.
People during vacations not only love to explore the greatness and richness of the place, but also have a great opportunity to get familiar with the diversity of the country; moreover, a reason to know why India is one of the most admired lands all over the globe.
There are a number of Himalayan Holiday Packages that will take you through the eminent regions of the Himalayas, covering valleys, rivers, villages, prominent sky-kissing peaks, meadows, a variety of trees, and the wildlife. If you are planning on taking a trip to the Himalayas, this list of places might really interest you -
A trip to Uttarakhand, the main Himalayan region –
The Uttarakhand is a masterpiece of nature. This state lies in the northern region of India and covers a large portion of the Himalayas. Some of the famous places that form this beautiful state are:
• Kumaon – The region has the Himalayan tract with the Terai and the Bhabhar as their submontane strips. These strips were at one time a home to many wild animals and thus, it was completely impenetrable.
• Dehradun – This place is also popular as the "Abode of Drona" and is considered as one of the very important centers of the Garwhal region.
• Mussoorie – It is the land of a large variety of wildlife, and dots some very picturesque green hills. You can also witness the fairy world of snow laden Himalayas and glittery views of Doon valley, Saharanpur, Roorkie and Haridwar.
• Pauri – Enjoy the panoramic scenery of snow-covered Himalayan peaks of Swarga Rohini, Bandar Pooch, Gangotri Group, Jonli, Jogin Group Thalaiya, Nanda Devi, Hathiparvat, Gauriparvat, Chaukhamba, Satopanth, Sumeru, and Trishul.
Other places that embark you on the course of breathtaking sceneries are Chopta, Srinagar, Khirsu, Rishikesh, Gwaldam, Nainital, Almora, Ranikhet, Kausani, Bhimtal, Auli, Binsar, Chakrata, Corbett, Chamba, Dhanaulti, Haridwar, Jageshwar, Mukteshwar, and Lansdowne.
Another wonder that has striking beauty of nature is Himachal Pradesh -
• Shimla – What are the attractions of Shimla? This breathtaking place has the Shivalik hills, high arched bridges, and dramatic loops. It is the capital of Himachal Pradesh and it is this place that was used by Britishers to get shielded from the scorching heat in the summers.
• Dharamshala – Let the beauty of district headquarter Dharamshala get unfolded. Dharamshala is a hill station lying on the Dhauladhar range and from the Kangra town it is at about a distance of 18 kms towards the north east direction.
• Kullu/Manali – It is one place with no restricted charm. The utterly beautiful valley has all its beauty spread on either side of River Beas. Right from the north to the south of this river, valley runs along. It is 80 kms in length and 2 kms in width.
• Dalhousie – This place has though been set apart due to the line of high mountain peaks and this valley is noted well in the history and even today for its scenery.
• Kangra/Kinnaur – It is categorised as the most beautiful lower Himalayan valley. The valley is luxurious in peaks and lush green fields. This place is perfect for switching to a contrast mode of nature for a while.
Jammu and Kashmir are the first choice of every tourist who plans to visit India; you simply cannot afford to miss it! This place is the essence of everything you see in India, a perfect blend of cultures, breathtaking landscapes and lots more. Here’s giving you a head’s-up about the must visit places:
• Gulmarg – This place is one of the most striking attractions of nature in Kashmir. It is a huge flowery meadow and thus the most famous spot for tourists. Gulmarg is situated in the Kashmir's Baramulla district and is situated at an altitude of 2730 meters. It is surrounded by stunning dense forests consisting of conifers. We are quite sure that you might not have witnessed such an incomparable beauty anywhere else in the world. Visit this place for golf hikes and you love it every time you take a trip to the Himalayas.
• Srinagar – The heart of Kashmir that is situated at an altitude of more than 1700 mts above sea level. Srinagar is spread on either side of Jhelum. It’s most famous attractions are the Nagin and Dal lake that is just fine for intensifying the spectacular view of nature. With the turn of seasons, the sceneries change and that you wouldn't want to miss at any cost.
• Jammu – Another bestow of nature that is situated on Tawi river banks with entrancing backdrops of utterly majestic ranges of Trikuta, which is the Jammu's winter capital.
• Drass – Is a place that is situated at 60 kms to the west of Kargil. It is a small town lying in the centre of Drass valley. This place is considered as the second coldest place inhabited in the world. The place encounters way too many snowfalls during the winter season.
• Pahalgam - is the nomad village that has remained untouched by the manmade industries. This village is situated on the Lidder river banks.
Select your list of destinations that you would want to visit!