TRIP PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Accommodation in any other location not mention above
- Porter / mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Service Tax
- If due to bad weather, sickness, natural calamity or any other personal reasons, the itinerary is changed on ground the extra charges arising due to it will be borne by the guests. same will be applicable if a guest decide to change the itinerary due to personal reason. Also if days are cut short on the trek/trips for any of the above reasons GIO Adventures will not be liable to make hotel arrangements at the base or any other location for the guests
- Guest will be required to fill up an indemnity form before embarking on the trek/trip
- We request you to kindly disclose/share information if suffering from any major ailment. We request you to submit your health Certificate.
- On our fixed group departures please note that we will follow a fixed schedule & standardised services. In case of individual requirements other than what is offered as part of the package, we might not be able to entertain them so please be aware of this fact
- In case of trips/treks with a backup day, where this backup day is not utilised for whatever reasons GIO will not be liable to make hotel or any other arrangements
- In case a departure cancelled due to bad weather conditions guest will receive full refund. GIO Adventures
PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All payments for the trips, transfers, gears, porterage, etc. should be made in full before the trip starts.
- Cancellation Policy
- In the event that you need to cancel your booking due to any avoidable or unavoidable circumstances:
- We must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive the request in writing.
- Payment for this trip will not be adjusted towards any future trip(s)
- Cancellation charges will be as follows
- >45 Days: Full refund (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 30-45 Days: 75% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 15-30 Days: 50% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- <15 Days: No refund
- Please Note
- Written cancellation will be accepted on working days (only). Any cancellation sent on a Sunday or any National Holiday(s), will be considered on the next official working day.
- In the event of any cancellation(s) after trip commencement, there will be no refunds and any costs incurred due to this cancellation will be borne by you.
* Irrespective of when a trip is booked, the above condition will hold true
How to Reach
Delhi – Meerut bypass – Muzaffarnagar bypass – Roorkee – Haridwar – Rishikesh – Shivpuri – Devprayag – Jayalgarh
The Jolly Grant Airport (Dehradun) is the nearest airport and is connected by daily flights from Delhi. The drive from the airport to the lodge would take about 3 – 3.5 hrs.
By By Rail:
The nearest railhead to the camp is Haridwar. There are a number of trains that run between Delhi and Haridwar. The drive from Haridwar to the camp will take 3 – 3.5 hrs
In the period Feb – Apr day time is going to be warm and very pleasant. The water is going to be moderately cold and extremely inviting. So you might end up spending more time off the boat than on it. Evenings are going to be moderately cold in Mar & Apr and cold in Feb. Night temperature will be around 17 -20 deg Celsius in Mar - Apr & around 12 – 15 deg Celsius in Feb so come prepared with some winter clothing
In May & June day time is going to be quite warm (33 – 38 deg Celsius). While rafting or indulging in any other water activity one will not feel too much of discomfort. Evenings at the camp can be slightly uncomfortable in June and are normally fine in the month of May. One will surely need a fan in the tents and dining area.
In the period Oct to December day time is going to be warm and pleasant if the sun is out, which mostly is around this time. The water is going to be cold but not freezing cold. A dip in the river is going to initially feel cold but couple of dips and you will start enjoying the water. Evenings are going to be moderately cold in Oct & Nov and cold in December. With a bonfire next to you it is going to be an enjoyable experience. December the night temperature can go down to about 3 – 5 deg Celsius so come prepared with some winter clothing. In Oct – Nov period night temperature will be around 10 – 15 deg Celsius and you will need protection from the cold
List of Essentials
Below is a list of essentials you would require at the camp:
- Small day pack/back pack
- Comfortable fit Jeans/Track Pants
- Jacket/Sweater (please see the section on weather)
- Comfortable walking shoes/sneakers
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Sunglasses with holding strings
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Camera (optional)
- Mosquito repellent
- LOADS OF ENTHUSIASM!!
Carry your stuff in a duffel bag/soft shoulder bag or a rucksack and avoid suitcases/strolleys
Great Indian Outdoors (P) Ltd. takes utmost care to ensure safety of its clients. However in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Great Indian Outdoors (P) Ltd. will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes rising due to the above are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi/Delhi only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which they would not be allowed to take part in the trip/program/activities.
3 Days | Feb - Jun & Sep - Dec | Moderate+
WHY TAKE THIS TRIP
To challenge oneself every day for continuous 3 days and to put oneself in the best of Outdoors while rafting on the majestic Alaknanda & Ganga rivers.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS ADVENTURE
- High Adventure Quotient of the trip as you negotiate with rapids of grade 3 (+)
- Action Beach, as we call it offers water activities like Duckie rides (inflatable kayaks), kayaking , swimming, cliff jumping, etc.
- Adventure activities like Bridge Slithering & Rappelling
- Spectacular offbeat campsite in Jayalgarh
- Mouth- watering all inclusive price. No need to spend a penny on anything
- Only for students trek so a great opportunity to be with likeminded people
- Day 1: Haridwar – Jayalgarh (3 - 4 / hrs) - Srinagar – Jayalgarh (Drive / 15 - 20 min) (2 - 2.30 / hrs / stretch)
- Day 2: Jayalgarh – Devprayag (3 - 4 / hrs / stretch) – Jayalgarh (Drive / 45 Min)
- Day 3: Jayalgarh – Shivpuri (Drive/ 2 – 2.30 hrs) – Rishikesh (Strech / 2 - 3 hrs) - Haridwar (1 hr)