Day 1: Leh (3500m)
Arrive at Leh airport & check into the hotel. Today you spend the day resting and acclimatization. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Rafting Local sightseeing
Post breakfast, we head for an exciting rafting trip to Phey. Later head for a sightseeing tour to Shey, Hemisgompa& Shanti Stupa . Post lunch, drive back to hotel & relax. In the evening explore the local market and indulge in shopping, if time permits. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 3: Leh (3500m) – Khardung La (5602m) – Nubra valley (3048m) (Drive / 120 Kms / 5 - 6 hrs)
Post breakfast, drive from Leh to Nubra Valley, via Khardung La. En route halt at village of Diskit and visit the local monastery. You will check into a fixed camp or a guesthouse. Overnight at the camp/ hotel.
Day 4: Nubra valley (3048m) – Khardung La (5602m) – Leh (3500m) (Drive / 120 Kms / 5 - 6 hrs)
Post breakfast; drive to Leh , via Khardung La. Arrive at Leh& check into the hotel. Evening at leisure and overnight at the hotel.
Day 5: Leh (3500m) – Chang La (5320m) – Pangong Tso (4249m) (Drive / 115 Kms / 4 - 5 hrs)
Post breakfast, we drive to beautiful Pangong Lake via Chang La. Arrive at PangongTso , the mesmerizing high altitude lake. Overnight stay in deluxe tents by the captivating lake.
Day 6: Pangong Tso (4249m) – Chang La (5320m) - Leh (3500m) (Drive / 115Kms / 4 - 5 hrs)
After breakfast, drive back to Leh. Arrive at Leh& check into the hotel.
Overnight in the hotel
Day 7: Leh - Fly out (3500m)
Post breakfast, drive to airport & fly out.
- Day 1: Overnight stay in hotel.(Leh)
- Day 2: Overnight stay in hotel.(Leh)
- Day 3: Overnight stay in camp/ hotel.(Nubra Valley)
- Day 4: Overnight stay in hotel.(Leh)
- Day 5: Overnight stay in tent.(Pangong Tso)
- Day 6: Overnight stay in hotel.(Leh)
- Meals :
- Day 1: Dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 3: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 4: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 5: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 6: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 7: Breakfast
- Professional Guide(s) to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek. All our guides are professionally trained and have many years of relevant experience in guiding treks.
- Transport as per the itinerary will be provided. We provide transfers to get you to the starting point and back as comfortably and in as less time as possible for you to enjoy the trip. Your transport costs are inclusive of all fuel charges, driver charges, state taxes, tolls and permits and are planned as per the itinerary of the trip.
- All Adventure Activities As Mentioned in the itinerary would be supported by our experienced team of Instructors using State-of-the-art equipment. This ensures safety for any activity and is the lynchpin of the trip.
- An Experienced Trip Leader would accompany you on the trip. These leaders have many years of experience in leading family groups and are usually people with an intimate knowledge of the mountains. They are also experienced instructors on one adventure sport or the other and are sure to keep you charged with many interesting stories.
- A Number of Activity Experts would be joining the team as and when required. These people are domain experts in various fields like water activities, rope sports, wildlife, birds, mountaineering, etc. and are the flavour of this trip. They bring an intimate knowledge of each aspect of the trip and go beyond just getting you to do an activity and rather give you a deep insight of the whys and whats of the activities by sharing their knowledge. Guests, especially kids, tend to become best friends with these experts and end up picking up essential life skills that aid them in moving into the outdoors.
- Forest entry charges (if Any)
- Basic first aid for the group.
TRIP PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Accommodation in any other location not mention above
- Any meals / services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- If due to bad weather, sickness, natural calamity or any other personal reasons, the itinerary is changed on ground the extra charges arising due to it will be borne by the guests. same will be applicable if a guest decide to change the itinerary due to personal reason. Also if days are cut short on the trek/trips for any of the above reasons GIO Adventures will not be liable to make hotel arrangements at the base or any other location for the guests
- Guest will be required to fill up an indemnity form before embarking on the trek/trip
- We request you to kindly disclose/share information if suffering from any major ailment. We request you to submit your health Certificate.
- On our fixed group departures please note that we will follow a fixed schedule & standardised services. In case of individual requirements other than what is offered as part of the package, we might not be able to entertain them so please be aware of this fact
- In case of trips/treks with a backup day, where this backup day is not utilised for whatever reasons GIO will not be liable to make hotel or any other arrangements
- In case a departure cancelled due to bad weather conditions guest will receive full refund. GIO Adventures
OTHER OPTIONAL CHARGES
- Charges for a porter/mule to carry personal bag throughout the trek (not more than 10 kgs) per person for the complete trek. If you want us to arrange for portage of your personal luggage you can book the same by selecting the option of Personal Luggage Charges
- Personal trekking gear
You can save on buying expensive trekking equipment for the trek by hiring the same from our gear store. High quality equipment is provided at reasonable rental/sale and you are assured of clean equipment that has been checked for its efficacy.
|Windproof, Water resistant Warm jacket (with hood)
Down jacket (for additional warmth)
|Lightweight & Warm Fleece pullover
|Waterproof Trekking boots
|Rucksack (60 ltrs)
|Warm high-length woollen socks
*Cost in INR per day
PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All payments for the trips, transfers, gears, porterage, etc. should be made in full before the trip starts.
- Cancellation Policy
- In the event that you need to cancel your booking due to any avoidable or unavoidable circumstances:
- We must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive the request in writing.
- Payment for this trip will not be adjusted towards any future trip(s)
- Cancellation charges will be as follows
- >45 Days: Full refund (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 30-45 Days: 75% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 15-30 Days: 50% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- <15 Days: No refund
- Please Note
- Written cancellation will be accepted on working days (only). Any cancellation sent on a Sunday or any National Holiday(s), will be considered on the next official working day.
- In the event of any cancellation(s) after trip commencement, there will be no refunds and any costs incurred due to this cancellation will be borne by you.
* Irrespective of when a trip is booked, the above condition will hold true
TRANSPORT OPTIONS (DELHI – LEH)
For travel between Delhi and Leh, the advised mode is the flights that fly between these two places. There are a number of flights that operate on this sector with all of them being early in the morning to take advantage of the clear weather over Leh. In case you are travelling from outside Delhi, it would be best to stay in Delhi the previous night to catch the connecting flight the next day. As flights in this sector tend to be expensive, you are advised to book early to get the best fares.
Lhamayuru: It is situated at a height of 3,510 metres in Leh district. One can visit India’s one of the oldest andlargest Buddhist monasteries and soak in the grandiosity and simplicity of the place all at once.
The landscape is dry and is rightly called the moon land because of its lunar demeanour.
Tso Moriri: You can visit this high altitude lake nestled at an elevation of 4500 m. This vast lake is symbol oflife and beauty in this otherwise arid ambience.
Srinagar: Popularly known as the ‘Paradise on earth, Srinagar is perched in the cradle of Jammu and Kashmir. This city is widely known for its numerous exquisite lakes. Moreover, it is also famous for its regal Mughal gardens.
List of Essentials
Mountain/adventure travel requires one to be adequately equipped with the right kind of personal gear. Since one is travelling in the wilderness there will be hardly any opportunity to buy anything once you hit the trail so we urge you to carefully pack everything into your bags. Also please keep in mind you can rent out or purchase equipment from our Gear Store, if required.
- Shirts / T-shirts
- Jeans / Trekking Pants - 2
- Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
- Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woollen cap
- Woollen gloves
- Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
- Scarf/muffler (optional)
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
- Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Small light weight towel
- Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
- Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
- Sun glasses
- Walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Personal toiletries
- Books, if you like reading
- Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
- Carry rain cover for your bags
- Keep a few poly bags or waterproof bags in your bag in which if required you can put your belongings in case of heavy rain
- Camera if you like (with fully charged batteries)
…LOADS OF ENTHUSIASM!! AND A PLEDGE TO LEAVE NO TRACE
Carry your stuff in a duffel bag, soft shoulder bag or a rucksack. Avoid suitcases, trolleys or any other hard luggage. As you will be walking long distances carrying a rucksack, avoid bringing unnecessary items on the trek. Please avoid carrying expensive watches, jewellery and electronic items on the trip
Also please note this is a comprehensive list & there might be few items which you might not need depending upon the month of travel. Kindly check with us on the final list before travelling
Duration: 07 Days | Season: May – Aug | Grade: Moderate | Max Alt: Khardung La (5602m)
- Crossing the Khardung La Pass @ 5602m
- Explore the exotic culture & landscape of Ladakh
- Camping at mesmerising high altitude lake, Pangong Lake
- Exciting rafting experience on the Indus
DAY 1: Leh (3500m)
DAY 2: Rafting Local sightseeing
DAY 3: Leh (3500m) – Khardung La (5602m) – Nubra valley (3048m) (Drive / 120 Kms / 5 - 6 hrs)
DAY 4: Nubra valley (3048m) – Khardung La (5602m) – Leh (3500m) (Drive / 120 Kms / 5 - 6 hrs)
DAY 5: Leh (3500m) – Chang La (5320m) – Pangong Tso (4249m) (Drive / 115 Kms / 4 - 5 hrs)
DAY 6: Pangong Tso (4249m) – Chang La (5320m) - Leh (3500m) (Drive / 115Kms / 4 - 5 hrs)
DAY 7: Leh - Fly out (3500m)
Set amidst dramatic mountains & an unforgettable landscape, Ladakh is a magical Kingdom. Its true magnificence lies in its ancient Buddhist monasteries, culture & unparalleled scenic beauty. An epitome of nature’s craftsmanship, this land is dotted with high altitude sand dunes & some of the highest motorable passes in the world. Also adorned with the mystical Pangong Lake, this wonderland is sure to make avid travelers and adventure freaks fall in love. Explore the unexplored Ladakh, the breathtaking land, decked with unending beauty & divinity.
xciting river rafting activity that gives an adrenaline rush.
During this trip one will indulge in exciting river rafting activity that gives an adrenaline rush & local sightseeing of Ladakh’s ancient monasteries & gompas. Crossing few of the highest motorable passes like Khardung La & Chang La will be an ultimate experience. One will also get a chance to visit local villages & learn about local people & culture. Witnessing the mesmerizing high altitude Pangong Lake will be no less than a dream come true. For a road crazy traveler, this trip to Ladakh will undoubtedly be a journey of a lifetime