- Day 1 : Overnight stay in the hotel / guesthouse.
- Day 2 : Overnight stay in the hotel / guesthouse.
- Day 3 : Overnight stay in the hotel / guesthouse.
- Day 4 : Overnight stay in the hotel / guesthouse.
- Day 5 : Overnight stay in the camp / guest house.
- Day 6 : Overnight stay in the hotel / guesthouse.
- Day 7 : Overnight stay in deluxe tents.
- Day 8 : Overnight stay in the hotel / guesthouse.
- Day 9 : Overnight stay in the hotel / guesthouse.
- Day 10 : Overnight stay in the hotel / guesthouse.
1 . Manali – Srinagar
Vehicle Used : Mahindra Xylo / Mahindra Scorpio / Tempo Traveler
- High Quality Camping arrangements
We believe that roughing it out necessarily doesn’t mean sleeping in smelly sleeping bags, compromising on safety by using low quality equipment and having unappetising meals. We focus on your safety, basic comforts and the environment while camping. Keeping this is mind, the following equipment is provided on the trek
The following equipment is provided on the trek :
- 3/4 season alpine tents
- Fresh and clean Sleeping bags of very good quality
- Camping Mattresses
- Mess Tent
- Camping stools & tables
- There will be 1 toilet tent for ladies only having portable toilet seats.
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Professional lady guide(s) to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek. All our guides are professionally trained and have many years of relevant experience in guiding treks.
- Meals :
- Day 1 : Lunch, Dinner
- Day 2 : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 3 : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 4 : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 5 : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 6 : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 7 : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 8 : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 9 : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 10 : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 11 : Breakfast
- Porter / Mule charges for carrying camping equipment & rations
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any)
- First aid kit
TRIP PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Accommodation in any other location not mention above
- Porter / mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Any meals / services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Service Tax
- If due to bad weather, sickness, natural calamity or any other personal reasons, the itinerary is changed on ground the extra charges arising due to it will be borne by the guests. same will be applicable if a guest decide to change the itinerary due to personal reason. Also if days are cut short on the trek/trips for any of the above reasons GIO Adventures will not be liable to make hotel arrangements at the base or any other location for the guests
- Guest will be required to fill up an indemnity form before embarking on the trek/trip
- We request you to kindly disclose/share information if suffering from any major ailment. We request you to submit your health Certificate.
- On our fixed group departures please note that we will follow a fixed schedule & standardised services. In case of individual requirements other than what is offered as part of the package, we might not be able to entertain them so please be aware of this fact
- In case of trips/treks with a backup day, where this backup day is not utilised for whatever reasons GIO will not be liable to make hotel or any other arrangements
- In case a departure cancelled due to bad weather conditions guest will receive full refund. GIO Adventures
OTHER OPTIONAL CHARGES
- Charges for a porter/mule to carry personal bag throughout the trek (not more than 10 kgs) per person for the complete trek. If you want us to arrange for portage of your personal luggage you can book the same by selecting the option of Personal Luggage Charges
- Personal trekking gear
You can save on buying expensive trekking equipment for the trek by hiring the same from our gear store. High quality equipment is provided at reasonable rental/sale and you are assured of clean equipment that has been checked for its efficacy.
|Windproof, Water resistant Warm jacket (with hood)
Down jacket (for additional warmth)
|Lightweight & Warm Fleece pullover
|Waterproof Trekking boots
|Rucksack (60 ltrs)
|Warm high-length woollen socks
*Cost in INR per day
PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All payments for the trips, transfers, gears, porterage, etc. should be made in full before the trip starts.
- Cancellation Policy
- In the event that you need to cancel your booking due to any avoidable or unavoidable circumstances:
- We must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive the request in writing.
- Payment for this trip will not be adjusted towards any future trip(s)
- Cancellation charges will be as follows
- >45 Days: Full refund (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 30-45 Days: 75% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 15-30 Days: 50% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- <15 Days: No refund
- Please Note
- Written cancellation will be accepted on working days (only). Any cancellation sent on a Sunday or any National Holiday(s), will be considered on the next official working day.
- In the event of any cancellation(s) after trip commencement, there will be no refunds and any costs incurred due to this cancellation will be borne by you.
* Irrespective of when a trip is booked, the above condition will hold true
Transport Options (Delhi – Manali – Delhi)
For travel from Delhi to Manali & back, one can choose between air & road. For air travel, the closest airport is Bhuntar (Kullu) airport. There are a couple of flights that link this airport to Delhi airport.
If you wish to travel by road, there are regular Volvos from Delhi to Manali. There are frequent Public Transport buses including Volvos available from Delhi to Manali that cost about Rs. 1300 per person. They take about 15 hrs to cover the distance. You can book your tickets either by visiting http://www.hrtchp.com/hrtctickets/ or there are many local travel operators through whom you can book the tickets. A private vehicle could also be arranged for if you require the same
Temperatures and climate vary according to the altitude. The summer days are warm with brilliant blue skies (max 25°C. min 10°C), but the weather in mountainous areas can be very unpredictable. Come prepared for chilly evenings and a small possibility of rain. Early morning starts and descents at altitude require good quality weather gear.
Please keep in mind that the above information is not exact and does not account for sudden changes. Whatever the temperatures and conditions rest assured we will be prepared to handle it with ease as we use equipment of very high specifications.
List of Essentials
- Shirts and trousers 4 -5 pairs
- Fleece jacket
- Water and wind proof jacket
- Thermal top and bottom
- Warm jacket
- Two 1 ltr water bottles (preferably thermos flasks)
- Lip care
- Torch with extra batteries.
- Body Moisturizer
- Body Powder / Anti-Fungal (feet and body)
- Warm Socks (4-5pairs)
- Sports shoes
- Sun cap
- Sun screen lotion
- Head torch with extra batteries.
- Small light towel and napkin
- Personal medicines
- Camera with extra batteries.
...LOADS OF ENTHUSIASM!! AND A PLEDGE TO LEAVE NO TRACE
Great Indian Outdoors (P) Ltd. takes utmost care to ensure safety of its clients. However in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Great Indian Outdoors (P) Ltd. will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes rising due to the above are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi/Delhi only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which they would not be allowed to take part in the trip/program/activities
11 Days | May - Aug | Moderate | Max Alt : 5602 mts (Khardung La)
High Adventure Quotient : Eye - Witness the highest motor able pass in the World, Khardung La
The Best of Outdoors : A road trip amidst the frozen charms of Himachal & Ladakh.
High Point : A perfect mix of adventure, culture and sights worth dying for!.
Enjoy being with like-minded people in the best of outdoors.
Day 01 : Arrive in Manali
Day 02 : Manali (2050m) - Jispa (3200m) (Drive / 135 kms / 4 - 5 hrs)
Day 03 : Jispa (3200m) Sarchu (4290m) - Leh (3500m) (Drive 320 kms/ 10 - 11 hrs)
Day 04 : Leh Local Sightseeing
Day 05 : Leh (3500m) Khardung La (5602m) Nubra valley (3048m) (Drive / 125 kms / 4 - 5 hrs)
Day 06 : Nubra valley (3048m) Khardung La (5602m) Leh (3500m) (Drive / 125 kms / 4 - 5 hrs)
Day 07 : Leh (3500m) Chang La (5320m) Pangong Tso (4249m) (Drive / 115 kms / 4 - 5 hrs)
Day 08 : Pangong Tso (4249m) - Chang La (5320m) Leh (3500m) (Drive / 115 kms / 4 - 5 hrs )
Day 09 : Leh (3500m) Lamayuru (3510m) (Drive / 110 kms / 2 - 3 hrs approx)
Day 10 : Lamayuru (3510m) Sonmarg (Drive / 240 kms / 7 - 8 hrs)
Day 11 : Sonmarg (2800m) - Srinagar (1585m) (Drive / 80 kms / 1 - 2 hrs)
Bring a new flavor to travel, explore the Land of Thunder Dragons: Ladakh, on an Amazing Road trip. Driving past this last paradise- its dreamlike landscape, lofty mountains and high passes; this road trip to Ladakh will be a journey of a lifetime. Explore the frozen charms of Himachal & Ladakh, as this is also a wonderful opportunity to explore their distinct cultures. The varying landscapes, natural wonders and monasteries will keep you occupied throughout. Sightseeing options in Ladakh are a doorway to its unmatched history and culture. Evening strolls in the local markets have their own charm; moreover you can shop till you drop! The high point of this trip is a visit to the high altitude lake of Pangong Tso & the highest motorable pass in the world, Khardung La.