Day 1: Check in at Prini-Manali (2000m)
- We arrive at Manali and check in the Orchard Guesthouse, Prini.
- Introduction to the instructors and familiarization with the equipment. Also session on skiing sport & its techniques.
- Overnight in the Orchard guesthouse.
Day 2: Skiing Course
- Post breakfast we take a 40 mins drive to Hampta Valley (3000 m)/Solang Valley (2650 m)
- Learn how to carry and walk with ski. Also learn fall and recovery, duck step, sidestep & kick turn. Ski position and balancing downhill will also be taught.
Post Lunch Session
- We practice and repeat downhill ski techniques.
- Drive back to our Manali Guesthouse.
Day 3: Skiing Course
- Post breakfast take a 40 mins drive to Hampta Valley / Solang Valley.
- Learn the snow plough technique and how to stop while skiing on a slope.
Post Lunch Session
- Repeat the snow plough techniques
- Take a way back to Manali guesthouse
Day 4: Skiing Course
- We wake up to the wonderful beauty of the lodge. Post breakfast drive (40 mins) towards Hampta Valley/ Solang Valley.
- Learn & practice snow plough turn and long turn
Post Lunch Session
- Learn traversing technique with kick turn for steep slopes.
Day 5: Skiing Course
- Today is the last day of the skiing course. We have morning breakfast after which we drive to Hampta Valley/ Solang Valley.
- We revise all the techniques.
Post Lunch Session
- Once again we revise all the skiing techniques and finally submit the equipments issued.
After completing the course one can take evening bus to Delhi/ Chandigarh from Manali. Also one can extend stay in Manali by adding subsequent Skiing days or sightseeing trips around Manali.
- Accommodation for 4 nights in Orchard guest house / or similar in Manali
- Meals from lunch on Day 1 to evening tea and snacks on day 5
- Daily transfers from the lodge to ski slopes
- Morning tea & Evening tea with cookies everyday
- Services of an expert trainer
- Ski equipment (Ski poles / Skis / Ski boots)
- Celebratory dinner on the last night
- State-of-the-art equipment to ensure maximum safety
- First aid kit
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Any services not mentioned above
- Any damage caused to equipment through misuse or loss of the same. In case of any of the above, the participant would have to bear the cost of replacing the same.
- Any transport for sightseeing in Manali
- Any cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances, such a bad weather, land slide, sickness etc...
- All applicable taxes
PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All payments for the trips, transfers, gears, porterage, etc. should be made in full before the trip starts.
- Cancellation Policy
- In the event that you need to cancel your booking due to any avoidable or unavoidable circumstances:
- We must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive the request in writing.
- Payment for this trip will not be adjusted towards any future trip(s)
- Cancellation charges will be as follows
- >45 Days: Full refund (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 30-45 Days: 75% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 15-30 Days: 50% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- <15 Days: No refund
- Please Note
- Written cancellation will be accepted on working days (only). Any cancellation sent on a Sunday or any National Holiday(s), will be considered on the next official working day.
- In the event of any cancellation(s) after trip commencement, there will be no refunds and any costs incurred due to this cancellation will be borne by you.
* Irrespective of when a trip is booked, the above condition will hold true
List of Essentials
Below is a list of essentials you would require at the camp:
- Day pack (small bag to carry basic stuff to the slopes each day)
- Water & Wind proof jacket – 1 no.
- Water & Wind proof trouser – 1 no.
- Warm jacket – 1 no.
- Warm thermals (both upper & lower)
- Full sleeve shirts (2-3)
- Jeans/track pants – 1 or 2 no.
- Sunglasses – 1 no.
- Woollen socks – 3 nos.
- Warm Gloves / Mittens – 1 no.
- Balaclava – 1 no. (optional)
- Cap for sun protection – 1 no.
- Sunscreen cream – 1 no.
- Water bottle – 1 no.
- Lip-balm – 1 no.
- Any specific medication
Beckoning the adventure lovers from all directions, Manali is a year-round magnet. Ideal spot to indulge in all sorts of explorations, herds of tourists swarm this place in both summers and winters. If you wish to head out for a fascinating winter trek to Manali, you must be aware of its weather. The climate of Manali in winters is predominately cold. If we talk about its temperature, it ranges from -15 degree Celsius to 5 degree Celsius in winters.
January is the ideal month to make a visit as one gets to witness spectacular snowfall at this place. The views of the surrounding mountains are extremely awe-striking. January, February, March offers the best time to enjoy and experience snow adventure. One can indulge in fun snow games, snow treks and can also take pleasure in skiing. With the beginning of the month of March, slowly the winters start making way for the summers. The days are warm and the nights are cold. By the approach of March, summer steps in along with blooming of varieties of flowers, turning Manali into a captivating tourist’s spot. Yet winter remains the best season to visit this happening hub which then seems no less than a paradise of snow.
We will provide you the necessary equipment required for the Skiing. We provide high quality equipment for maximum safety.
Great Indian Outdoors (P) Ltd. takes utmost care to ensure safety of its clients. However in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Great Indian Outdoors (P) Ltd. will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes rising due to the above are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi/Delhi only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which they would not be allowed to take part in the trip/program/activities.
05Days| Season: Jan - Mar| Grade: Moderate|Maximum Altitude: 2800 m(Chikha )
Day 1: Check in at Prini-Manali - Skiing Briefing (Skiing 3-4hrs)
Day 2: Skiing (Skiing 3-4hrs)
Day 3: Skiing (Skiing 3-4hrs)
Day 4: Skiing (Skiing 3-4hrs)
Day 5: Skiing (Skiing 3-4hrs)
Basic Skiing Course Manali
GIO Adventures offers keen adventure lovers with basic skiing courses in Manali. Led by a supportive team of experienced instructors, this program enables fast learning. We provide a 5 days long skiing course which helps the eager learners ski the great Himalayan slopes. Ensuring undivided attention, we help develop the skills of skiing in amateurs and beginners. Teaching the right technique and providing the right equipments and training, this course is ideal for skiing enthusiasts. We follow a well structured program that assists in better learning.
Apart from the skiing sessions, we also offer the participants with a perfect spot to stay. The Orchard Guesthouse Manali serves as a perfect retreat for our team of learners. Situated amidst the lush green surroundings, it serves as a wonderful place to relax and be prepared for the next day skiing session.
The skiing course offered by us is conducted on the spectacular slopes of Hampta Valley/ Solang Valley. Perched at an average altitude of 3000m, the slopes offer vast space to try out this enticing adventure sport. Ardent learners can join this course between January & April. This course is the best option for passionate skiers.