TRIP PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Accommodation in any other location not mention above
- Porter / mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- If due to bad weather, sickness, natural calamity or any other personal reasons, the itinerary is changed on ground the extra charges arising due to it will be borne by the guests. same will be applicable if a guest decide to change the itinerary due to personal reason. Also if days are cut short on the trek/trips for any of the above reasons GIO Adventures will not be liable to make hotel arrangements at the base or any other location for the guests
- Guest will be required to fill up an indemnity form before embarking on the trek/trip
- We request you to kindly disclose/share information if suffering from any major ailment. We request you to submit your health Certificate.
- On our fixed group departures please note that we will follow a fixed schedule & standardised services. In case of individual requirements other than what is offered as part of the package, we might not be able to entertain them so please be aware of this fact
- In case of trips/treks with a backup day, where this backup day is not utilised for whatever reasons GIO will not be liable to make hotel or any other arrangements
- In case a departure cancelled due to bad weather conditions guest will receive full refund. GIO Adventures
PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All payments for the trips, transfers, gears, porterage, etc. should be made in full before the trip starts.
- Cancellation Policy
- In the event that you need to cancel your booking due to any avoidable or unavoidable circumstances:
- We must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive the request in writing.
- Payment for this trip will not be adjusted towards any future trip(s)
- Cancellation charges will be as follows
- >45 Days: Full refund (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 30-45 Days: 75% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 15-30 Days: 50% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- <15 Days: No refund
- Please Note
- Written cancellation will be accepted on working days (only). Any cancellation sent on a Sunday or any National Holiday(s), will be considered on the next official working day.
- In the event of any cancellation(s) after trip commencement, there will be no refunds and any costs incurred due to this cancellation will be borne by you.
* Irrespective of when a trip is booked, the above condition will hold true
Transport Options (Delhi – Haridwar – Delhi)
For travel to Haridwar and back one can choose between air, rail & road. For air travel, the closest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport (30 kms) in Dehradun and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Air India, Jet Airways & Spice Jet. Train travel is highly recommended with enough options being there. For train details, you could log on to www.indianrail.gov.in and for online railway ticket bookings you could log on to www.irctc.co.in.
There are frequent Public Transport buses including Volvos available from Delhi to Dehradun that cost about Rs. 300-700 per person. These buses depart from Delhi ISBT every 30 mins. or so and take about 7 hrs to cover the distance. The same is also applicable on the return journey. A private vehicle could also be arranged for if you require the same.
In the initial days of the pre monsoon season (April – Jun) days are going to be sunny and warm (18-26 °C) while the night temperature at the highest campsite would be in the range of 5-13 °C. In the post monsoon season (Sep-Nov) the days are sunny and clear with temperatures hovering around (14-22 °C) the evenings start getting cold with the onset of October and nights are comparatively colder (2-10 °C). Mid-December onwards it gets cold with onset of snow. This region experiences heavy snow which melts only by mid-March. During winter months if the day is clear, then it’s sunny with very comfortable weather. Evenings and nights are cold with temperature going down to about –8 °C. In winters we avoid camping and base ourselves at the lodge in Kund to the maximum extent.
Please keep in mind that the above information is not exact and does not account for sudden changes. Whatever the temperatures and conditions rest assured we will be prepared to handle it with ease as we use equipment of very high specifications
List of Essentials
It is very important for this adventure trip that you need to be equipped properly and with a bit of back up. Mountain/adventure travel requires one to be adequately equipped with the right kind of personal gear. Since one is travelling in the wilderness there will be hardly any opportunity to buy anything once you hit the trail so we urge you to carefully pack everything into your bags.
- Shirts / T-shirts – 2/3
- Warm shirt/light micro fleece pullover/full sleeve T shirt
- Trekking Pants (water resistant/repellent & having inside lining for extra warmth) - 2
- Windproof/water resistant outer shell (jacket) of good quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) with a proper hood
- Comfortable waterproof (Goretex) Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole and high ankles are recommended)
- Camp shoes (these can be easy to slip in sneakers/sport shoes), Floaters
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Small light weight towel
- Insulated water bottle & hydration pack (optional)
- Cap / floppy hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
- Sun glasses with UV protection and ability to cut the glare (imp when traversing through snow)
- Sturdy walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Mosquito repellent
- Personal toiletries
- Book, if you like reading
- Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
- Carry rain cover for your bags
- Keep a few poly bags or waterproof bags in your bag in which if required you can put your belongings in case of heavy rain
- Camera if you like (with fully charged batteries)
Great Indian Outdoors (P) Ltd. takes utmost care to ensure safety of its clients. However in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Great Indian Outdoors (P) Ltd. will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes rising due to the above are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi/Delhi only. All participants are required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which they would not be allowed to take part in the trip/program/activities.
4 Days | Apr - Jun & Sep - Dec | Moderate | Max Alt : Chandrashila peak (4000m)
WHY TAKE THIS TRIP
To challenge oneself every day for continuous 4 days and to put oneself in the best of Outdoors amidst the beautiful mountains, meadows and much more.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS ADVENTURE
- High Adventure Quotient of the trip and opportunity to touch 4000 mts
- Spectacular trekking routes covering Chopta, Tungnath, Chandrashilla peak, Deoriatal & Rohini Bugyal (meadow)
- River rafting & Cliff jumping on either Ganga or Alaknanda River
- Adventure activities like Bridge Slithering, Rappelling, and Tree Jumaring & Swimming in natural pools
- Spectacular private campsite near Chopta
- Mouth- watering all inclusive price. No need to spend a penny on anything
- Only for students trek so a great opportunity to be with likeminded people
- Day 1: Haridwar Kund / Camp Chalkot [Chopta ] (Drive / 7 - 8 hrs)
- Day 2: Kund / Camp Chalkot [Chopta ] Deoriatal - Rohini meadows - Chalkot [Chopta] (Trek / 5 - 6 hrs) (Drive / 40 mins)
- Day 3: Camp Chalkot [Chopta] Tungnath - Chandrashilla Kund / Chalkot [Chopta] (Trek / 5 - 6 hrs) (Drive / 40 mins )
- Day 4: Chopta Jayalgarh (Rafting on Alaknanda / Ganga) (Strech / 2 - 3 hrs) - Haridwar (Drive / 7 - 8 hrs)